Archive for October, 2009
I updated my jailbroken iPhone to 3.1 when it first came out and had some major issues that required almost a daily hard reboot. I successfully downgraded it to 3.0.1, but still had some baseband issues with the service (phone and sms) not working. I was very excited to see the iPhone Dev Team came out with a 3.1.2 jailbreak using PwnageTool 3.1.4
Since I was already jailbroken, I simply built the custom IPSW, and clicked Option+Restore in iTunes. Everything went as expected, and I finally have a stable phone again.
I’ve been jailbreaking my phone since I first got it over a year ago, and I’m so glad to see the process getting easier and smoother every time. Big thanks to the iPhone Dev Team and all their hard work.
Here are the steps I took in case you are already jailbroken and just want the bug fixes and 3.1 update.
- Mac OS X
- iTunes 9.0.1
- Already jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.0 firmware
- Check for updates in iTunes
- Choose to download only for the update
- Download PwnageTool 3.1.4 Torrent Mirror
- Launch PwnageTool and go walk through the steps to create your custom IPSW
- Answer Yes to already jailbroken and exit the app when prompted
- Launch iTunes and hold the Option key and click Restore
- Select your custom IPSW file (probably on your destop)
- Enjoy your new 3.1.2 jailbreak